Launching the (Formal) Governance Workstream
A sincere message of gratitude to start the new year.
Formalized, Funded, and Revitalized
The Governance workstream is thrilled to finally have the support and backing of the Evmos community. We’ve been serving this incredible community since the network’s launch and it’s been an amazing – and humbling – journey so far. Despite facing a rejection for funding last quarter, we knew that giving up was not an option. And now, with the community’s approval, we’re ready to hit the ground running on multiple fronts with a revitalized sense of duty and drive.
Our vision for the future of Evmos DAO is to see it evolve into a fully decentralized and self-sustaining organization, capable of propelling the growth of the network without the need Community Pool funding requests. Although this vision may sound far-fetched, we’re confident that, with the support and collaboration of the community, other protocols, DAOs, and network stakeholders, we can make this vision a reality.
Our mission remains the same – to protect, improve, and serve the Evmos network and community with transparency and create an environment where all can thrive. We also want to re-iterate that we will always remain independent and community-led; our allegiance lies only with the Evmos Constitution. Although separate from the Evmos Foundation, we will always try to align our goals with those of the core team. Alignment, however, does not mean that we will not fight for the community and the guiding values in the Evmos DAO Constitution.
From the bottom of our hearts, we want to extend a massive thank you to the Evmos community – especially to those that have continued to support us. Your words gave us strength and inspiration when we needed it the most. And of course, thank you to the Evmos core team for the early words of encouragements and moral support.
2023 is looking bright, and we’re excited to see what the future holds. LFG.
Broad Overview of Initiatives
1. Governance Structure and Processes
- Development of the foundational tools and contracts needed for future subDAOs to operate independently with accountability
- Continuous improvement of the governance structure and processes that are in line with the Evmos DAO Constitution.
- Foster a culture of transparency, accountability, and collaboration within the DAO.
2. Improved Transparency and Communications
- Engage with the Evmos community to build a shared understanding of the vision and mission of the Governance workstream while opening transparent communication channels to keep the community informed and engaged.
- Collaborate with other protocols, DAOs, and network stakeholders to increase visibility and drive growth for the Evmos network.
3. Taking the First Steps Towards Financial Sustainability
- Explore, research, test, and implement alternative funding models that will allow the Evmos DAO to become a self-sustaining entity.
- Reduce reliance on the Community Pool funding through Community Owned Liquidity and engaging in community-approved treasury diversification tokenswaps.
- Foster DeFi innovation in the Evmos network to drive growth and sustainability.
4. Increased Community Involvement & Ownership
- Provide governance support and resources to the Evmos community, including developers, delegators, and validators.
- Fostering community contributions through guidance and assistance in the creation of community-led workstreams (subDAOs) and initiatives
- Explore, research, test, and implement contracts that will allow the progressive decentralization of incentives and decision-making within the DAO