Mutual Respect and Responsibility
Respect People’s differences. Each of us may approach life and relationship differently. While it may be a challenge for some of us to interact with people who don’t think the way we do, everyone deserves to have his or her feelings and values respected.
Respect People's trust. To fund proposals is an act of DAO`s good faith. All of us are contributing to achieve a common purpose, so one's failure to spend funds properly and productively undermines all the other efforts and community's ambition as a whole. Concentrate on deliverables.
Respect People’s time. We are all living under pressure and deadlines. Remember that each of us has a different style of living, so respect your co-workers’ style of time management and prioritizing their workload.
Respect People's opinion. Why should I respect other people's opinions if they're just wrong? Because 'being right' is very subjective. We are all different and depending on our social background, education, experience and circumstances. Just because you think you are right does not mean that others are wrong. Stay curious and attentive, try to see life from different positions.
Respect People's right to be aware. Discuss your concern before you take actions. Let people know the subject matter of discussion and do it beforehand so to give a reasonable amount of time to enter a dialogue and raise a voice.
Evmos DAO Governance Documentation. In Interoperability We Trust.
We, the Evmos Community, formally declare our shared beliefs and mission to build and assist in growing the Evmos network. We strive to be the leading EVM network in the Cosmos Ecosystem, utilizing the Cosmos SDK modules, Tendermint's consensus engine, and the Inter Blockchain Protocol for a fully decentralized, censorship-resistant, interoperable chain.
The Evmos Guiding Principles and Values
1. Progressive Decentralization: The Evmos network aims to be as decentralized as possible, in the context of network validation as well as governance and finances. While network resiliency and the decentralization of power is paramount, we recognize the need to proceed with strategic and scientific-based planning. The community must not haphazardly rush into decisions that may potentially destabilize the chain or provoke a strong negative community reaction. The community will take the stance of progressive decentralization as we research and analyze the social, legal, and/or financial ramifications our decisions may potential have.
2. Neutrality and Non-Partisanship: We believe in the principles of equality for all and must act in accordance with this core principle. All groups and community members have equal access to information, equal rights, and equal responsibilities, as defined by this Constitution. No one group or community member should be favored over any other members. No one group or community member should be disfavored over any other members. We define “favor” as an unfair benefit that is not a direct consequence of provable effort and actions done, in alignment with our mission and goals. We define “disfavor” as an unfair punishment or loss of opportunity that is not a direct consequence of provable actions done against Evmos’ mission and goals.
3. User-Centrism: Evmos is specialized to provide a unique EVM experience in the Cosmos ecosystem. We must therefore continue to optimize for 1) user adoption and 2) the qualities that contribute to steady growth: network liquidity, improvement of user experience, data sovereignty, stable production of blocks, educational resources, strong governance, etc.
4. Agnosticism: Evmos should maintain neutrality as a chain with roots in both the Ethereum and Cosmos ecosystems. While the governance of Evmos may be reliant from time to time on other networks or tools, the Evmos community should retain a stance of neutrality. Community members must leave tribalism at the door; we should refrain from engaging in political debates that are not directly relevant to improving the Evmos network.
5. Cross-Chain Diplomacy: Evmos is a network with a long history in the decentralization movement, with inspirations, ideas, protocols, and allies in various networks. Our community will come from a wide range of blockchain communities. Cross-chain collaborations, outreach initiatives, diplomacy missions, and continued participation in events are highly encouraged — especially with chains from the EVM and IBC ecosystems.
6. Consensual Collaboration: While the Cosmos SDK’s implementation of governance is relatively permissionless, this does not mean anyone is entitled to work or compensation. Proposals will be assessed by the community on their merits alone and eventually voted on. In addition, proposals must follow the Governance Framework of the Evmos network and adhere to the principles outlined in the Constitution.
7. Sovereignty to Work: The purpose of the Governance Framework is not to micro-manage proposals or teams. Sovereignty will be given to those that are working in accordance with the original proposal passed by the community, and are not in violation of any governance processes or principles of the Constitution.