The host welcomes the audience to the AMA session, explains what it is about, and encourages them to ask questions.
- Host welcomes everyone to the AMA session.
- Explains that this is a Q&A session held every two weeks for the benefit of the community.
- Encourages people to ask any questions they have via text in the chat option.
- Assures people that he will answer all questions to the best of his ability.
00:32 Community Call and Q&A Sessions
The host explains more about community calls and how they work. He also encourages people to attend these sessions.
- Host explains that community calls are bi-weekly events held between AMA sessions.
- Encourages people who are new to attend these sessions as well.
- Explains that during these sessions, people can come up and ask any questions they have.
- Encourages people who cannot attend in person to post their questions via text in the chat option.
01:22 EVM Extensions at Consensus Austin
The host talks about an upcoming event called EVM Next happening at Consensus Austin where developers will be able to get their first taste of EVM extensions.
- Host announces an upcoming event called EVM Next happening at Consensus Austin on April 27th.
- Explains that this event is being organized by almost core development team as a side event during Consensus Austin.
- Talks about how developers will be able to get their first taste of EVM extensions at this event, including staking via smart contracts and making IVC transactions via EVM extensions.
- Mentions that this feature will go live on testnet in late April but will need auditing before going live on mainnet.
05:04 Educational Content on YouTube
The host talks about the educational content that is being released on their YouTube channel.
- Host mentions that they have been releasing educational content on their YouTube channel.
- Talks about how this content is meant to help explain crypto and DeFi concepts to people who may have trouble understanding them.
- Mentions that the first two videos in the series cover topics such as wallets and DeFi.
06:06 Importance of Community Education
In this section, the speaker emphasizes the importance of community education and how it can help people learn about novel concepts in the ecosystem. They encourage everyone to watch their educational videos and subscribe to their YouTube channel.
The Benefits of Community Education
- 06:06 Crawling through and learning new concepts is great for anyone to have access to.
- 06:27 There are no dumb questions, and everyone should get exposure to this content.
- 06:46 Facilitating a platform where people can have that exposure is important.
- 07:00 Watching educational videos and subscribing to their YouTube channel is highly recommended.
07:52 Q&A Session
In this section, the speaker answers questions from the audience regarding becoming a mod/admin and whether Forge DEX will go multi-chain.
Becoming a Mod/Admin
- 07:52 The community team consists of community contributors, but they may be looking to expand in the future.
- 08:24 The DAO team has been requesting funding for establishing a formal community workstream through governance.
Forge DEX Going Multi-chain
- 09:25 The plan is for Forge DEX to be governance-controlled by the community.
- 09:53 If the community chooses, Forge DEX will be able to go multi-chain when EVM extensions are ready on their side.
11:38 Foster Community Education and Games
In this section, the speaker talks about their plan to give back to the community by organizing games and giving out prizes as incentives for participation. The goal is to foster education within the ecosystem.
Games and Prizes
- 11:38 The speaker plans to organize games with prizes as incentives for participation.
- 11:57 The games could be quizzes or puzzles, among other things.
- 12:21 Participants can monitor the council meeting chat for additional information on the games.
- 12:45 There are no more questions halfway through the session, so it may end early unless someone has anything last minute they'd like to say.
13:01 Integrations with EVMOS and Babylon
This section discusses integrations with EVMOS and Babylon.
Kive Network Integration with EVMOS
- 13:18 Kive Network is integrating with EVMOS.
- 13:46 There are many more integrations coming down the pipeline.
Integrations with Babylon
- 14:06 Babylon is integrated with testnet today.
- 14:33 Next week's community call will feature The Babylon team discussing integration.
- 14:48 Lava's test net is integrated with maintenance.
14:36 Foundation Paid Months Grandfathered In
This section discusses why all current foundation paid months are grandfathered in.
Evaluation of Current Mods Team
- 14:48 The current mods team has been evaluated according to the foundation's criteria in terms of performance.
- 15:17 If the community disagrees with the performance of some of the mods, they can raise their concerns when Community funds the mods in the future.
- 16:13 Make your feedback heard on the Commonwealth post.
- 16:35 Comment on the Commonwealth post if you feel strongly about this issue.
14:57 Atmos Manifesto and EVM Extensions
This section discusses what things in the Atmos Manifesto are most anticipated.
- 16:57 The core team is working towards EVM extensions as a tangible goal for now.
17:46 Atmos Listing and Native Liquid Staking
In this section, the speaker discusses the benefits of Atmos listing for Builders and their users. They also talk about the possibility of native liquid staking solutions on evmos.
- The speaker has no idea about the Atmos listing being discussed.
- They are not involved in any sort of listing discussions.
Native Liquid Staking
- With the launch of EVM extensions, builders will be able to develop native liquid staking solutions on evmos.
- The core team has shelved any plans to develop their own mistaking module on the protocol level.
- However, there are builders who are ready and waiting to build a native liquid staking solution with EVM extensions once they are released.
- One example is Staking House which has been brought up in previous AMA sessions.
19:39 Follow EVM Next Twitter Account
In this section, the speaker encourages listeners to follow the EVM Next Twitter account for updates related to cross-chain smart contract developments.
Follow EVM Next Twitter Account
- Listeners are encouraged to follow twitter.com/evmnext for all things related to the future of the EVM and cross-chain run times more generally.
- Big things are coming, including giveaways at some point down the line.
- The focus of upcoming events will be on cross-chain smart contract developments with great speakers expected.